On the teachings and vitality in discomfort, and the smallest moments of recognition and awareness that can quietly change us all.
On cultivating belonging through confronting discomfort. Being a bridge to incrementally change the world.
A conversation surrounding the individual and group work of developing compassionate and diversely represented spaces.
- 0:41 – Introducing Rahshaana Green; https://www.rahshaanagreen.com/
- 3:20 – Inviting people to occupy and be in discomfort with me. Avoiding discomfort becomes a barrier in creating and maintaining community.
- 7:10 – Working with organizations on confronting and being with various aspects of tension and discomfort on behalf of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 10:15 – The brain is naturally wired for bias and habit patterns. Even well intentioned, it may not be optimized for inclusion or equity.
- 12:45 – Facilitating belonging through the work we do. Less ‘othering’, more connection.
- 16:55 – Build a bridge; incrementally change the world.
- 18:15 – Yoga/Mindfulness/Compassion – based organizations risk bypassing this work because simply knowing concepts is not the same as daily application.
- 20:15 – Small things speak to the foundational shifts of introspection. Belonging in a space means the ability to show up in an authentic way.
- 24:55 – Go put yourself into a position that isn’t comfortable. Listen and learn. Find opportunities to learn about ourselves in community.
- 27:30 – This is not just beneficial for people of color, or marginalized groups. We all learn and grow with diverse representation.
- 29:40 – The core of cultivating belonging – As our hearts grow, others feel seen, understood and heard.
- 32:30 – Create opportunities for you to get deeply uncomfortable with the status quo in order to change it. Create safe spaces around curiosity.
Rahshaana is a multi-disciplinary wellness consultant focused on helping people heal and manage the stressful effects of change – in all its forms. Her work includes mental, embodied and organizational practices that teach resilience and provides tools/resources to evolve, heal and grow. She draws on her life experience navigating challenge and change, as well as her personal study in meditation, mindfulness, compassion and embodied practices.