On the experience of being yourself, the ancient illusion of hierarchy, and true humanity–being both fully human and fully divine.
MEGGAN WATTERSON is the author of REVEAL, The Sutras of Unspeakable Joy, The Divine Feminine Oracle, and Mary Magdalene Revealed. She is a feminist theologian with a Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School and a Master of Divinity from Union Theological Seminary at Columbia University. MEGGAN facilitates the REDLADIES — a community of radical love—that lets her preach about female saints, mystics, gurus, and poets who inspire and teach us to live in service of love. She leads retreats and workshops on Mary’s gospel and the soul-voice meditation. Her work has appeared in media outlets such as The New York Times, Forbes, The Huffington Post, and Marie Claire. She lives with her beloved son and his exuberant goldfish, Bob.
- Feminist Theologian. [3:20]
- The misperceptions of Mary Magdalene. Early Christianity. Intrinsic goodness of all regardless of rank.[5:35]
- The acts of Paul and Thecla.[11:30]
- How stories of Christ became more divine and Mary became more human. [14:30]
- Thecla and Paul. Courage meeting courage. Initiating herself. [17:01]
- Mary Magdalene’s Gospel. An understanding of a love that renders us all equal.[23:25]
- Attempted destruction of Mary’s gospels. Egyptian christians refusing to destroy the gospels. [24:20]
- Christ called for us to become true human beings. Fully human and fully divine. We are meant to be both.
Nous. The eye of the heart. The Seven egoic powers. [25:10]
- Meggan’s first calling as a feminist theologian. The body never lies. The erasure of women’s voices.[29:40]
- Judgement towards women. Ignorance. Unconsciousness. We must stop oppressing ourselves. [31:45]
- The Red Spring at Glastonbury. Mary 9:14. Learning to discern between the soul and the ego.[35:12]
- Bring love where it has never been before. Feeling rage and acting from love. [38:16]
- The Crypt in Saint-Maximim. Illusion of seeing others as more worthy. Love renders us all equal.[41:47]
- What needs healing. Worthiness. Resting in trust that you are worthy. [46:35]
- Favorite View.[49:32]
- Prayer. Gnosis. [50:18]