On the history of black maternal health, how we can change the story, and parenting our kids as actualized beings.
- The Black Maternal Health crisis [1:58]
- Gynecology and its origins in slavery [6:09]
- The need for a reckoning. Reenvisioning a holistic view and a service model [10:17]
- Ways to be involved [14:51]
- Mama Glow Doula professional training program scholarship fund [30:19]
- Learning and unlearning [34:07]
- Parenting teenagers. Leaning into resilience and using our tools [36:13]
Named one of Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul 100, Celebrity Doula and Maternity Wellness Expert Latham Thomas supports women in embracing optimal wellness and spiritual growth as a pathway to empowerment. Latham is leading a revolution in radical self-care, guiding women everywhere to “mother themselves first.” Latham is the founder of Mama Glow a global women’s health and education brand serving women along the childbearing continuum. Mama Glow supports women and families during the fertility period, pregnancy, birth as well as during postpartum offering hand-holding through their bespoke doula services. Her book, Own Your Glow: A Soulful Guide to Luminous Living and Crowning the Queen (Hay House) released on paperback on June 16, 2020.